English Proficiency Requirements
Students who have completed their undergraduate education in a non-English speaking country may be required to submit official test scores to show English language proficiency. Your scores must be current; taken within 5 years from your date of enrollment.
The following scores and tests will fulfill the English language proficiency requirements at NJCU:
Internet-Based Test (IBT): 79 and above
Paper-Based Test (PBT): 550 and above
Computer-Based Test (CBT): 213 and above
IELTS: Overall 6.0
GRE/GMAT: Verbal Score of 500 or above on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), or a GMAT equivalent to 50th percentile.
There are cases where we will exempt students from submitting one of the above test scores for English language proficiency.
TOEFL/ IELTS Exemptions Can Be Considered for:
- Students who have completed English Composition at an accredited United States college or university with a grade of “C” or better
- Students who have earned a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited United States college or university
- Students who are citizens of, and have attended an accredited secondary school or university in, the following countries: Anguilla, Antigua, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Canada (Except Quebec), Cayman Islands, Dominica, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, British Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, Liberia, Montserrat, New Zealand, Nigeria, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, Sierra Leone, South Africa, St. Vincent, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United Kingdom
- Students who have successfully completed the NJCU English as a Second Language Program
- Students who have passed an English Proficiency Examination administered by the NJCU ESL Department
Questions about English proficiency requirements can be directed to University Admissions at email@example.com